Monday, August 18, 2014

So I knew that eventually this blog would slow down. My goal is to record things at least once a week, so I am still accountable. I exercised all last week. I even tried a yoga/palliates class. I was it was hard and my legs were sore when I was done. :) I am thinking of doing cardio on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and then yoga or something different on Tuesday's and Thursday's, just to mix things up a little. 
--
So, it is amazing the addictiveness of sugar. I just had ice cream one night. The next thing I know, I am back where I started and I can't get enough sugar. Because I don't really keep any in the house any more I am actually looking for it, like getting a small baggie of chocolate chips and just eating them plain. I would never do that before. So today I am recommitting myself to not having sugar in the house (other than what is normal food. I have too many kids and too small a budget to regulate that right now) and only having sugar as a special treat if we are not at home.
--
I feel like an addict when I crave sugar. My mind is not in control and I am going purely on instinct, the instinct for more sugar. I do't like that loss of control and loss of self.
--
Today I will be doing my dance class and my core class and my weights. Wish me luck. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone on the sugar addict thing - your Dad has had that problem all his life and he finally faced it here in Armenia. He totally understands how you feel. He has had to go off of it 100% - like an alcoholic - he can not even have a small treat. He has been really good - but we don't have kids here! We also use a lot of honey, which is much more expensive.

    ReplyDelete